3/9/11

Market By Jean Georges

Black Truffle Pizza with Fontina Cheese
Slowly Cooked Salmon, Mashed potatoes, Some Greens with Truffle Vinaigrette
Tuna Tartare, Avocado and Beets with Ginger/Yuzu Dressing
Steamed Shrimp Salad, Avocado in Champagne Dressing
Strawberry Rhubarb

Chocolate Mousse
Market By Jean Georges is sort of my go-to restaurant whenever I feel like fine dining without the price tag. Even without the restaurant week menu, the restaurant offers regular prix fixe 3 course lunch for $22. I personally think they make the best tuna tartare as compared to most of the other restaurants. The key is its dressing. Ginger and Yuzu dressing brings out the slightly spicy and sour taste which contrasts greatly with the softness of the tuna tartare and the avocado. This asian fusion dish is exactly what Jean Georges is good at.

The black truffle pizza looks and sounds good but was an ultimate disappointment. It was almost impossible to taste the truffle. Considering how strong truffle smells like, it almost seems like there was none put on it. Perhaps I went on a bad day for that. 

My favorite of this restaurant is the Steamed Shrimp Salad. I'm usually not a big fan of salads but this shrimp salad proved me wrong. I don't really know how to describe it but all the ingredients were so fresh, it was amazing. Everyone should definitely try this out. I guarantee that you will have no regrets doing so.


100 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116-4715
(617) 310-6790
Market by Jean-Georges (W Hotel) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment